The hundred sales process is approaching the completion, with the ECB inviting possible investors in the eight franchises to present the final offers during the next two weeks, starting with two teams: Oval Invincible and Birmingham Phoenix, as soon as Thursday (January 30).
On Sunday, the ECB shared the formula for the final round of offers with the group of investors that were preselected by the eight host places for 49% bets in its franchise. A live virtual auction process will be carried out for franchises where more than two investors remain in the process. For those in which only two parts remain, both will present sealed offers.
Espncricinfo learned that Phoenix and the twice invincibles of the hundred men’s one hundred winners will be the first two franchises to go on sale, as part of the third and last round of the ECB bidding process. According to the schedule, the final bidding round will take place online between January 30 and February 10.
It is understood that the offers of Invincible and Phoenix will be held at separate times, but both on January 30 (Thursday). London Spirit and Welsh Fire will be presented to offer the next day, January 31 (Friday). Manchester Originals, Northern Superchargers and Trent Rockets are scheduled for February 3, while Southern Brave appears as the last tender franchise, on February 10.
How will the winning offer be decided?
In his last communication with the preselected investors, it is understood that the ECB said it was “reviewing” the focus on the final round to choose the winning franchise offer where there are more than two investors in the fray. In this case, a live auction will be held to choose the winner.
Investors will make incremental offers online, but, more importantly, the initial offer, the ECB said, will be above the “agreed” floor price or the reserve price. The winning bidder will arise once rival investors leave. For franchises with only two investors in the short list, each will need to make a sealed offer with the winner determined depending on the highest entry value.
Successful bidders in this final stage will enter into a period of exclusivity with their respective host place. Both parties will negotiate agreements long with the ECB, a process that will probably have been for several weeks. Even if the agreements are completed before one hundred begins in August, it is expected that the 2025 season will be a year of transition without changes in the names or equipment kits, for example.
The ECB added that the list for the sale of the equipment was sequenced in such a way that both the investor and the host county were better located to get his “favorite partner.”
Manchester United Copropietary Eyes of London
Espncricinfo understands that Lancer capital, owned by the co -owner of Manchester United, Avram Glazer, is on the list for a participation in the spirit. Glazer made his first successful incursion into the T20 franchise circuit when he bought Vipers Desert in the ILT20 based in the EAU in 2021, since an IPL franchise had been previously lost when the league expanded.
Glazer will compete for a 49% participation in the spirit with the RPSG Group of Sanjiv Goenka, which has Lucknow Super Giants in the IPL, and a worldwide technological giant consortium, including Google and Microsoft executive directors. Cain International, who has also been linked to an offer for a participation in the spirit, were contacted to comment.
Espncricinfo has also learned that Capri Global Holdings, a non -banking financial company based in India, is in the Welsh fire list. The company owns Sharjah Warriorz in ILT20 and the UP Warriorz in the WPL. Meanwhile, Chennai Super Kings, who had originally shown interest in the process, have chosen not to participate.
Additional reports by Mate roller
Nagraj Gollapudi is a news editor in Espncricinfo